Sunday, May 15, 2011

Au revoir...for now.

Hey all,
Long time no see, I know. I've been busy with schoolwork and a myriad of other things taking up my free time, and so I haven't been able to post.
No, that's not entirely true. You see, I'm no music journalist. I'm not much good at explaining why I like the music that I like. I just like unique types of music. But is just saying "I like this. Here you go." enough?
I think, ultimately, that this is not persuasive enough. You see, I don't have a level of authority necessary that I could do that. I'm not the Rolling Stone, let alone Ryan Schreiber. And besides, even if I did have this authority, I wouldn't want to just be an arbiter of taste, deciding what is popular at my own whim without explaining why.
It is in my own opinion that I lack the skills to explain why a work of art (including a musical work) has the effect that it does.
For these reasons, I am putting this blog on an indefinite hiatus.
But, fear not, dear readers! for I am embarking on a new adventure altogether.
What is this adventure, you ask?
I recently purchased Mortimer J. Adler's How to Read a Book, and this book has fueled a pre-existing interest I have had in the classics.
Yes, the classics. With all those dead white males and stuff.
As such, I will be attempting to follow the massive reading list to be found in the back of Adler's book, in Appendix A.
Anyway, here's the link for my new blog, if you so desire to follow it:
anachronistbooks.blogspot.com

Enjoy, and goodbye for now!
-The Anachronist

No comments:

Post a Comment